Thursday, March 26, 2009

THE PORT

After spending a week in Houston last week, getting a 2nd opinion, we have decided on a treatment regimen. I will receive 5 chemo sessions, starting tomorrow morning. The chemo will be administered with a chemo ball like last time. I had a port installed in my chest on Monday through which the chemo ball will be attached. I will have the chemo ball connected for 48 hours, then removed. After 12 days of recovery, I will get my next treatment.

After 5 sessions of chemo, I will go to Houston for liver surgery. They will remove 60-80% of my liver. Luckily, livers regenerate! Right now, the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, June 17th. We will be in Houston for approximately 2 weeks for surgery and recovery.

We are optimistic that everything will go well. The Houston experience was amazing! The doctors know their stuff! We were so excited about their expertise.

Thank you all for your love, concern, and prayers!

Jan & Ron

5 comments:

MamaJuneBugJones said...

You are amazing! Let me know if there is any little thing I can do!
Erin

brooklyn said...

you are a champ mom! i know you can do this!

McEntire Family said...

Jan - thank you for including me in your updates. I love you! I was so glad to hear of all the optimism that came out of your Houston trip - you will beat this!

The Bloom Bunch said...

Jan, I love your blog! Thanks for letting me know what's happening. You're an amazing woman and such an inspiration to me. I miss you tons! Even Race and Rylie miss Isaac and Eliza's Grandma! Love you tons.

Marilyn said...

Wow...they do liver surgery AND plastic surgery all at once. Amazing!!

Thanks for blogging, where's the photo of your port?