Sunday, August 23, 2009

ROUGH

The chemo is in full swing and it's not fun. Mom has been flat-out, wiped-out, sick and tired for the last 2 days. She had her neulasta shot (to boost her white blood cell count) this morning, but has slept almost all other hours of the day. We woke her up after a few hours of sleep, squeaked in a little Sunday dinner, then she was ready to get back in bed. I really hope that she bounces back after a few days, but this time is definitely rough.

7 comments:

The Armantrout family said...

Dear Sister
Happy Birthday, I was gone hunting of course. Hang in there.... you look great.
Love, Your favorite Little brother
(you know the one you scarred for life) ha ha ha Love you tons James L

avon lady said...

Jan, You'll make it. I say sleep through it all if it helps. I know you need to eat though. You have an awesome family to help you through this. Elaine

Julie Smith said...

Hang Tough! How many more sessions does she have again?

Vigoren Family said...

6 more sessions! Phew!

MamaJuneBugJones said...

Okay, sweet Jan, You AMAZE me! You still find time to write to all of the Beehives! Abigail loved your sweet card you sent to her. She is so excited to get to know you!!!! Hang in there! We all love you to pieces!
Erin

Marilyn said...

Well, Jan, I know that you must be feeling really horrendous, because you are one of the most energetic people I know. If you're in bed all day, then it must be awful. I am so sorry that you have to go through this junk. I love you and pray for you every day. XOXO

D&L said...

I was so glad to see 6 more sessions. I was thinking that 15 meant number of treatments instead it must have been weeks.