Thursday, November 12, 2009

THE END!

Mom did it! She stayed strong and courageous throughout this year-long journey, and she had her last chemotherapy treatment today! It has been an emotional day for her. Doctors, needles, and sickness have filled her days this year, so it feels kind of surreal to know that this has really come to an end. She feels a little bit of anxiety and emotion over what the future holds. I think that she'll be shocked when, in a month or two, she starts to remember again what it feels like to be healthy. Here are some pictures of her last treatment at the cancer center and some of the staff that have helped her through this battle.

The chair that mom hangs out in all day while getting her chemotherapy.

Mom's right arm through this whole ordeal. Dad is a rock!

One of mom's nurses.

Blowing bubbles to celebrate the end!

14 comments:

Julie Strong said...

There were tears when I saw these pictures. You are amazing, Jan. What an ordeal you have endured... all who know you are lucky.

My best always, Julie

D&L said...

Brought tears to my eyes as well. Looks as if you have had awesome nurses helping you through this year. So happy for you that it is over. Now you can look forward to feeling like yourself again and enjoying the holidays and new year with your wonderful family. Love you, LDF

Anonymous said...

Yahoo the end of treatment and the beginning of a healthy, cancer free wonderful life!

How fabulous of your nurses!

We will see you over the holidays!

Love you Super Woman!

The Thomsons

Sally Lowder said...

This is my brave, wonderful sister. What a blessing to be through the gauntlet.
I love you Jan and Ron!

MamaJuneBugJones said...

I have no words to describe how happy I am for you!
I Love you!!!!! The YW Love you!!!! We can not wait to have you back!!!! We have missed you sooo Much!!!!
Love you to pieces,
erin

brooklyn said...

YAHOOOOO!!! I can't even handle how happy I am for you to be done!

McEntire Family said...

Yee Haw! So glad you are done - what a relief and what fun lies ahead. Can't wait for you to enjoy the holidays without having to worry about what Thursday is going to bring. Love you!

Marilyn said...

Just think...you are done just in time for the yearly holiday weight gain. I think you should go for it!!

D&L said...

It's been one week since your LAST treatment and one week until Thanksgiving. I hope now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I agree. I think it's time to start putting some of that weight back on. Keep the pecan logs in Albuquerque this year! So proud to have you as a friend. Love you to pieces. Wish I could see you. Maybe after the first of the year we can figure something out. Love, LDf

Joseph and Katie said...

Aunt Janice,
I am so happy and full of joy for you and your family at this time. You Rock Lady! We Love You! I hope you can have your strength back to enjoy a wonderful family filled Turkey Day. What a journey. Looks like you have been in good hands. Love and hugs to you all. Kellie, Thank you for the posts and keeping us all up to date with the whole process. You are and angel!
Love, Katie

The Armantrout family said...

Yea!! You are amazing! We love and miss you!!! I am so happy for you!!

Meri said...

I can't wait for the posts that are surely coming soon detailing your unfettered eating sprees, shopping rampages, and half-marathon race times! Keep inspiring us, Jan! Happy Holidays! --Merideth

Jacqueline said...

Yay Jan! I love you Jan!

A. said...

Hooray! Please give us updates on how she´s feeling as she gets better. I´m excited to hear how she enjoys getting her energy and normal life back. It´s really a time to celebrate this holiday. You all deserve it, especially your mom.

Love, love, love y besos.