Thursday, April 2, 2009

5 DAYS IS BIG!

It's amazing to see the transformation that takes place when chemo slowly makes its way out of your system! Mom went from rough, rough times, to being the perky Jan that we all know and love. She was a trooper this week. By April Fool's Day, she had enough energy to come down to our house and play a few tricks! Yup, that's the mom that I know! Today she said that she felt great! She has another blood draw tomorrow to see where her body is at, then starts her next round of chemo next week. We'll find out the date soon. She just might need a tranquilizer when she goes to get hooked up to the chemo again. Now that she knows what she's getting into, it DOES NOT make it easier. Cancer treatment is definitely one of those things where experience isn't necessarily a good thing. :)

Maybe I can convince her to take another stab at this blog (I think her first posts were great!). I think her sense of humor is one of the best, and I would love for her to share this experience from her perspective. Until then, I hope you all don't mind the updates from me! Your love and support is needed, felt, and deeply appreciated!

2 comments:

McEntire Family said...

I am so happy you are feeling better Jan!

Julie Smith said...

I'm glad she gets a little break between treatments. Go Jan! You can do it!