Saturday, April 25, 2009

CHEMO LOADED

Mom had her chemo pump removed this morning, and she's hanging in there while the chemo does its thing. She was able to get a decent night of rest last night (she was making up for Thursday night, I guess). Her voice is really scratchy from her sore throat and mouth, but she really is more rested than she sounds. She said that she's feeling "kind of puny." I have a feeling that's an understatement! She really does look strong and is being so brave. I don't think that we'll ever really understand how mom feels inside because she still has a beautiful smile.

7 comments:

brooklyn said...

Dear Grandma--

I love you so. You're so sweet. And I hope you have a good time. Would you like to come to our house? I hope you're feeling good. I'm glad you were here with us and gave good love to us. I hope Santa Claus gives you good love. I'm glad you do homework with me.

Love, Cambria

brooklyn said...

Hang in there! Can't wait to see you! May you feel peace inside...

McEntire Family said...

Jan - you are an inspiration!

Joseph and Katie said...

I have always loved your beautiful smile Aunt Jan. I used to say, when I was little that your smile....is "sparkly".

Julie Smith said...

Jan, you rock! You are the coolest chemoridden lady on the planet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan and Ron,
One more weekend down! Yeah!
Yes, Jan, you learned to smile in Cougarettes, right. At least I remember that smile way back then. Even Chemo will never take that from you. Ron, you make her smile!
Love to you both- LARRY & SUE

MamaJuneBugJones said...

I learn so much from your example. You are amazing...
Lots of love!!!!
Erin