Mom spent the afternoon at the doctor's office today receiving her 3rd to last dose of erbatux. All of her counts were up and within the allowable limits to continue treatment. Her white blood cell count was actually quite high, so maybe her body was just reacting to food (on top of normal side-effects). I imagine she'll still be pretty tired from this treatment, given that she was pretty tired to begin.
Overall, they were really encouraged by the numbers they got at the doctor's today, and we're hoping that the news will translate into a good coming week! If anyone wants to share a favorite recipe that includes cooked vegetables or cooked fruit, that would be great. She has to be careful with raw stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jan, you're in our prayers every day. We care about you so much and we know that the Lord is with you during this difficult time.
Hang in there!
We love you,
Dan and Maureen Collette and family
Cute Jan,
I think about you all of the time and tonight as I was reading my scriptures I came to the story of the stripling warriors.. We all know it so well... But tonight it made me think of you.. Helaman is stating his great joy in that none of "his sons" had died in the battle and he says this....
"..and they had fought as with the strength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength.."Alma 56:56
And I thought "until Jan". Keep fighting...You are in our prayers. We love you to pieces!
Erin
Thank you so much my dear ward family. Your thoughts touched me deeply today.
Alma 56:56 is now my new favorite.
loved it. Thank you Maureen and Erin. I am the luckiest girl alive to have such dear friends everywhere in this great land.
My CEA (which is a tumor marker)
Was at 18.?which was in my case was a good sized tumor. That was the marker at MD Anderson the last time checked before Chemo treatments started and TODAY it was 4.4
which is almost normal! SOooooo
the Chemo is kicking this cancers fanny!! Chemo?.... well maybe helps a little but really it is:
PRAYERS GO UP BLESSING COME DOWN!
Love you all, jan
Good Luck Jan. I'm thinking of recipes.
Post a Comment