Thursday, April 23, 2009

QUADRUPLE CHEMO DAY

Today was the mega-heavy-duty-dose-of-chemo Day. Mom spent all day at the doctor's office getting hooked up to her pump with 3 different chemos (earlier I said it was 2. It's really 3). She also received her weekly dose of erbatux. Included in her chemo are lots of drugs that make her sleepy and wiped out! She slept the entire rest of the day and woke up at 8:00 tonight, wondering if it was already tomorrow!

She is feeling good and in good spirits, though. She's just extremely tired. Dad doesn't believe that she'll have a problem sleeping tonight. We're just hoping that we can get through the next 3-5 days okay. These are the rough days, for sure! She is starting get open sores and acne-like bumps more and more on her face.

The pump will be removed on Saturday, and we will have only 1 more quadruple chemo day left (two weeks from today)! The doctors did decide that a "complete" chemo regimen will require her to get one extra erbatux treatment on May 15th. So, scratch the 8th of May. The 15th of May is now mom's glorious day! She'll then have 4 weeks to recover until surgery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are hoping and praying for minimal side effects and you SLEEP!

Happy Birthday Kellie! And to KC yesterday.

Thanks again for the great updates!
Love, The Thomson Gang

Julie Smith said...

Sounds like you are doing great but I'll be glad when you get a little break.

Marilyn said...

I'm keeping you on the Mt Timpanogos temple pryaer roll. I think with open sores on your face I should put your name on twice, once for the cancer and chemo and once for the sores.

D&L said...

Like I said Jan, Just sleep the next few weeks away as much as you can. And play with babies the rest of the time. What's a few sores on your face when the rest of you is perfect!!!!!. Praying for no side affects and sending you lots of prayers and vibes. LDF

D&L said...

I'm sending you a fairy to watch over you since I can't be there myself. Love LDF

The Bloom Bunch said...

Oh My Heck! Jan, you are the bravest, most courageous woman that I know. I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way.