Mom and dad visited Dr. Abdallah's office this morning and got a great report. The doctor told them that the liver tumor was 90% dead after the chemo had done its work, and he only had to take about 4-5% of her liver. I asked my mom about 3 times to make sure that I was hearing her correctly, and she's pretty sure that's what the doctor told them. Absolutely crazy! He took some perimeter tissue where the tumor was, and the pathology report on that was 100% clean. He said that mom has responded to everything about as ideally as possible, and he feels like she has a really good prognosis. I think it goes without saying that she's in a really good mood today! :)
Mom and dad are flying home on Monday. She is on a plan to gradually wean from the pain medication, and she'll be able to drive once she's off it. Hopefully that will be within a week or so. She will start her chemo in about a month. Because it is recommended to do 12 rounds of chemo, and she has already completed 7, she will have 5 more rounds of chemo once she begins again.
Wow, we're so grateful for the great care, love, and support that has carried her through this crazy ordeal. While we're at, we're also grateful that dad's cousin, Coach Dave Rose, also received a great report from his pancreatic cancer. There is a lot to be thankful for, indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Thanks for the update Kellie. Wow only 4-5% of the liver...that's so great. We are so proud of you Jan!
What I great report to come home to. I've been on a respit break from my Mom for a few days & checking this was about the first thing I've done. Sooooo glad all is sooooo great. Keep up the good work. Love you.
Wow, such good news! Wish we could be there to give mom a big hug when she gets home. Missing ABQ....love you mom!!
Way to go Jan! Love, Love, Love the good news!
So excited to hear the news...sending love and prayers from Abu Dhabi!
Yee Haw! This news was almost as good reading it again as it was hearing it from you Kellie. I am so excited things are looking so good!
I'm on a quick break at work and read the report! I had to read it twice myself! 4-5%?!?!? Awesome! Your positive attitude and faith work miracles, Mom. Love ya!
Okay, if I could do some flips to celebrate this news I would! :)Yea.. We are so excited and happy for you! Love you,
Erin
I'm stunned. She went from 80% to 45% to 4-5%? Are you kidding me?!
I need to go send God a box of chocolates.
Jan,
We are so thrilled for the good news. Please know we are thinking of you and praying for you every day.
Love,
John, Mary Ann and girls...
Post a Comment