Tuesday, June 16, 2009

POKES AND PRODS TODAY

Mom had a busy day today at MD Anderson. They poked and prodded and drew lots and lots of blood in preparation for Wednesday. Tomorrow she has a few more tests, followed by an appointment with Dr. Aballah, the surgeon. If all is well, she'll have surgery on Wednesay, as planned, but we still don't know a specific time.

Mom is in good spirits, but definitely feeling a normal amount of anxiety. She gets to meet many patients while waiting for procedures, and some are just slightly stubborn and bitter about their whole predicament. It isn't extremely healthy to hang with the other patients, but luckily, she has dad at her side.

Many people have asked for Dane and Emily's address in Houston. If you want it, just email me at kvigoren@gmail.com and I'll give it to you.

Thanks for all of the support. We have a big week ahead, for sure!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yikes! I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about your surgery, Jan, and I'm not even the one having the surgery. I'll be praying for you.

Dean said...

We just shared w/ Mom your recent update along w/ the comments of her friends and supports. We also want you to know of our love and support, you are in our prayers. Dean, Linda and Mom