Mom is recovering well! She felt good enough this last week that she was able to attend sacrament meeting yesterday for the first time in months. I think she is confident that her white blood cell count is high enough to be exposed a little bit more to the public.
Coincidentally, she is due for her routine colonoscopy at this time. Tomorrow she goes in for the procedure, so the last 3 days have been spent in preparation. Today she has to do the pure liquid breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She has to drink all kinds of gross liquids today. I can't believe how much torture her body has been through lately!
We're grateful that she has been so strong and healthy. She can eat cold things now, and her skin is gradually recovering. Her energy level is much higher too. Her hair has thinned dramatically, but luckily, it was thick and beautiful to begin, so she had some to spare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A colonoscopy? Does the tortue ever end?
I'm so glad you were able to get OUT! Yeah! I wanted to come see you last week - but the kids were sick early in the week and I didn't want to bring you a bug. Then on Thursday Kellie said you were doing well and I was going to try and call and come see you and then I kept having this little sore throat off and on. I would just die if I passed some bug onto you. Now we are in Idaho with Nana and Papa, but you will be always in my thoughts and prayers as you get ready for the next big step. Love to you!
EEEEnuf, already. I'm surprised there's anything left on your inside for them to look at. When do you go to Sedona? Sending lots of love, LDF
Hi Jan,
It is almost 9:00 PM and you should be almost done with the PM gross stuff, then comes the early AM gross stuff, then the test is a piece of cake. Good luck and hope you are squeaky clean. I'm sure you hair is beautiful, and you are the energizer bunny when you can.
Love you forever - LARRY & SUE
Post a Comment