The news that we received from the doctor on Friday was sooooo good that I just don't want to replace it, but time does go on and mom does have updates.
She is home in the good ol' Duke City now and so thrilled to be in her comfy house. We're grateful for Aunt Donna and Aunt Jane's injection of emotional encouragement while they were there. She raved and raved about Emily's butternut squash tostadas and Mott's apple juice bars. Mom and dad were well cared for the last couple of days, and we're grateful that Dane and Emily live down there. I'm still in shock that they moved there last summer. It all seems so divinely orchestrated.
Anyway, mom looks great and seems to be doing well. She still seems pretty weak, but we don't really expect her to be doing jumping jacks anytime soon. She'll be getting lots of rest for the next little while. She's supposed to eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day, keeping a continuous intake of healthy calories. So that's our new goal: naps and nutrition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks Kellie! Onward and upward!
WELCOME HOME JAN & R0N!!!
Larry & Sue
I don't think we could have expected or hoped for any better outcome for Jan. Way to go. You must be the number 1 A+ patient. I have been gone out of town since last Tuesday. How exciting to come home and read all of Kellie's updates to see how things looked so bleak and just kept getting better. What a miracle! We love all the Roberts. What a terrific support group. Hugs, LDF
I loved the color and texture quote. I am so happy for Aunt Jan. Yeah! Aunt Donna gave us all an update at the reunion. Everyone missed your families, but are so grateful you have all been able to help and support your mom and dad. Love to you Kellie and your amazing blog for your mom. It has been so good to know what is going on.
Love ya, Katie
Post a Comment