Mom took a shower, got dressed, put on some makeup, took a chest x-ray, and convinced the doctors that she was good enough to leave the hospital today. She is staying at the Rotary House (a hospitalish hotel connected to MD Anderson) until tomorrow. She'll then be with Emily and Dane at their house for the remainder of her stay in Houston. Dad gets back in Houston Thursday night. He'll be able to go to her follow-up appointment with Dr. Abdallah, the surgeon. She was ECSTATIC to be out of the hospital and reassured me that she really is good enough to be out (dad reassures me that the doctors have the final say, and they wouldn't let her out if the indicators/tests didn't show that). She is still eating and keeping things down and breathing on her own. Everything seems to be good.
I had to share this quote from a famous doctor who discovered her cancer while isolated in Antarctica. She ended up treating herself for a long time:
"I would rather not have it. But the cancer is part of me. It's given my life color and texture. Everyone has to get something. Some people are ugly, some people are stupid. I get cancer..."
Mom has definitely experienced color and texture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The Jan Roberts Fan Club in Farmington, Utah could not be happier today either. Way to go, Jan! Thanks, Kellie, for a great update today.
Love you all - LARRY AND SUE
I was lucky enough to speak with Jan this afternoon for a few minutes. She sounds really good! I was thrilled to hear she was out of the hospital. Jane adn Donna are there making her laugh, which we all know is very good medicine. Jane said something like "I'm so glad we're out of the hospital. It smells funny and everybody there has cancer!" You have to know Jane to appreciate her sense of humor and sarcasm. Jane told me they fed Jan a piece of pizza because Jan said it smelled goood...this is a good sign too. I am so relieved for these positive developments, but now, as John would say, Jan needs to take it eeeaaasy....
Thanks, Kell, for the updates when I'm on one of my long work shifts. Glad Mom is on the mend!
How great to get to leave the hospital!!
Post a Comment